Harper Hospital District #5
Full Service Care
As a Critical Access Hospital, whether your healthcare need is short or long term, Harper Hospital delivers what you need. For those unexpected emergencies, we maintain a 24-hour Emergency Room and staff certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support. Whether you have an acute illness, are recovering from major surgery or illness, or need Long Term Care in a hospital setting, Harper Hospital can help.
Our highly qualified staff of Nurses, Aides, Therapists, and Technologists work hard to keep their knowledge level up-to-date so that they can give you the prompt, professional attention you deserve. A few of the licenses and certifications found at Harper Hospital include:
- 21 Nurses Licensed by the Kansas State Board of Nursing
- 24 Nurse Aides Certified by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- 11 Ancillary Department Personnel Certified or Registered (Lab, X-Ray, Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, Central Supply)
- Employees Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support by the American Heart Association
- Employees Certified in Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) by the American Heart Association & the American Red Cross
- Membership in Dietary Manager’s Association
Personalized service is very important to everyone at Harper Hospital. You already know our staff and we work to get to know you by name so we can give you friendly, fast service and Individualized Care that treats everyone as a valued member of our family. In the unlikely event that you have a problem or complaint, we will work quickly to correct the situation and make sure you feel good about your experience at HHD5.
Easy Payment Options
We know that getting a bill is never fun and hospital bills can be the worst! We want to do what we can to make sure you understand your bill, as well as, set up a comfortable payment option for you. We have a full-service insurance billing and claims department that will work hard to file your insurance claim. With more than 300 different insurance companies accepted, there are very few situations we can’t handle.
· Medicare assignment is accepted
· Private pay arrangements available
· Insurance counselor available
Please contact our Business Office with any questions @ (620) 896-7324
Visiting Hours & Policies
We know policies aren’t always fun but in order to maintain a comfortable and safe environment for all our patients they are needed. Also as a hospital we have rules and regulations we have to follow. Below is our policy for visiting a patient here at HHD5. We want to do everything we can to work with you and your loved ones so please visit the nurse’s station or call the hospital if you have any questions.
Purpose: 1) to meet requirements of Kansas Hospital Regulation #28-34-40; 2) to maintain the safety, health and well-being of our patients, employees and visitors.
1) Harper Hospital recognizes Open Visiting Hours.
2) Children under 12 years of age shall not be permitted as visitors in the hospital except in the company of a responsible adult.
3) During seasons of contagious illness, visitors may be screened, limited, and/or restricted from visiting. At these times, signs with appropriate instructions will be posted at the hospital entrances.
4) While situations and patient conditions vary, it is recommended that visiting time be restricted to no more than 15 minutes, and no more than two visitors at a time per patient. The RN in Charge of the shift has the authority and responsibility to determine and communicate any special restrictions with regard to these recommendations.
5) In some situations, it is beneficial to the patient to have a family member or friend stay with them for extended periods of time and/or throughout the night. These visitors must be at least 18 years of age, and the RN in Charge of the shift has the authority and responsibility to determine need in these instances. It is the expectation that guests will comply with requests of the RN in Charge of the shift; if variances arise, the RN is to call Administration or Security as deemed necessary.
6) No visitors shall be permitted in the Recovery Room unless permission has been received from the patient and the Recovery Room RN.