Senior adults and their caregivers have unique problems and needs. Physical decline, loss of independence, safety concerns, and multiple losses are just a few that require special attention and are contributory to depression and other mental health issues.
Harper Hospital Senior Behavioral Health Services is an outpatient program that provides individualized treatment for older adults who suffer from emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders.
This program provides an intensive outpatient treatment, offered Monday through Friday, in the least restrictive environment and patients are to return home each afternoon.
Our Philosophy To provide quality care that stresses the importance of dignity, respect, confidentiality, and helping the individual achieve an optimum level of functioning.
Who Could Benefit:
- The person whose quality of life has been diminished by physical or emotional stressors.
- The person who has not progressed or benefited sufficiently in less intensive treatment settings.
- The person whose mental health is declining and might require inpatient care unless treatment is provided.
- Group-family-individual therapy
- Coping-positive living skills
- Grief and loss resolution
- Education as indicated
- Medication management
- Health and wellness training
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Stress management
- Assertiveness training Treatment Goals
- Restore optimum mental & physical health
- Alleviate symptoms that interfere with the individual's ability to function
- Support the integrity of the family
- Maximize independence
- Caregivers, families and primary care physicians are encouraged to participate in the process by assisting with the identification of problems and solutions.
Any concerned individual may refer themselves or someone else to the program. An initial assessment is provided at no cost to determine the need for physician evaluation. For More Information Contact: Senior Behavioral Health Services, (620) 896-7324 ext. 149, or firstname.lastname@example.org