Our Senior Behavioral Health outpatient program provides individualized treatment for older adults who suffer from emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders. Behavioral health challenges can affect relationships, independence, safety and overall well-being.
Our philosophy is “to provide quality care that stresses the importance of dignity, respect, confidentiality, and helping the individual achieve an optimum level of functioning.” Most therapy sessions are in a group format, although individual therapy is provided if clinically indicated.
Who could benefit:
- The person whose quality of life has been diminished by physical or emotional stress.
- The person who has not progressed or benefited sufficiently in less-intensive treatment settings.
- The person whose mental health is declining and might require inpatient care unless treatment is provided.
- Group, family or individual therapy
- Coping-positive living skills
- Grief and loss resolution
- Education as indicated
- Medication management
- Health and wellness training
- Communication skills
- Conflict-resolution skills
- Stress management
- Assertiveness training
- Restore optimum mental and physical health
- Alleviate symptoms that interfere with the individual’s ability to function
- Support the integrity of the family
- Maximize independence
- Encourage caregivers, families and primary care physicians to participate in the process by helping to identify problems and solutions.
Any concerned individual may refer themselves or someone else to the program. An initial assessment is provided at no cost to determine the need for physician evaluation. For more information, contact Senior Behavioral Health Services at 620-914-1200.